If there is coffee in something, my hubby and I are there, actually, my hubby would sprint there. He drinks a lot of coffee and pretty much enjoys anything with coffee in it. So this recipe worked out great for him because of that, and for me because it has some amazingly healthy ingredients. Now, that is what I call a win-win.
At the beginning of 2020 when I was preparing for a half marathon, I went for a practice run one morning. After a 9 mile run, I was absolutely starving and needed something extremely filling and healthy . So my hubby took me to a smoothie place where he got me a Date-Coffee smoothie and it was instant revival of energy. It was so refreshing, so filling and so incredibly delicious.
I replicated the recipe at home, with some minor tweaks that resulted in a perfect and refreshing evening summer snack for the hubby and it also made it to our summer breakfast rotation. Like Joey from the TV show “Friends” says: “What’s not to like? Dates..goood. Coffee..goood. Almond butter..goooooood” 🙂
|Prep time||5 minutes|
- Mejdool Dates – 3, pitted
Nuts and Seeds
- Almond Butter – 1 tbsp (I used Justin’s Almond Butter, 1/2 a sachet)
- Chia Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Almond Milk – 1 cup (I used Silk Almond Milk)
- Coffee Powder – 1/2 tbsp + 1 tsp (for garnish)
- To a blending jar, all the ingredients
- Add some crushed ice (if desired)
- Blend until the smoothie is thick and frothy
- Pour into a glass, garnish with coffee powder and enjoy! 🙂
You can also follow me on Instagram to be up-to-date with what is cooking my kitchen. If you like this recipe, do share your comments below. Don’t forget to post your version on Instagram using #foodformyloveblog.